We will provide content that includes broad-based education, whole-hearted humanity, a high degree of expertise and technical skill.
We will return the results of our educational and clinical researches to the local region, as well as fostering future leaders in the field of nursing, physical and occupational therapy who can participate and contribute to the health and welfare of the people of Yamagata, Japan and the world.
The educational program is designed to educate students with the professional knowledge and skills that will enable them to play a key part in the medical and social welfare systems. Based on the philosophy of education, we uphold the following six educational aims.
- To foster in our students moral understanding based on the dignity of life and society, and teach them to think and act flexibly, with comprehensive humanity.
- To foster the ability to morally act on the people by teaching professional knowledge and skills.
- To foster the ability to understand the roll of professional health workers, and to respond with medical care through cooperation and collaboration with other specialists in the fields of health, medicine and welfare.
- To foster the ability to develop health science through self-development and a willingness to do challenge unknown subjects.
- To foster the ability to understand the diversity of our world, communicate with other cultures and act with an internationalized field of vision.
- To foster the ability to understand a local culture and to develop the standard of health and medical care practices in local region.